Welcome to OCS!
Getting Ready for Registration
Once your child is accepted, you will receive a phone call and a letter in the mail. The acceptance packet must be turned in by Monday, April 29th in order to secure your child's slot for next year. Once the acceptance packet is received you will be scheduled for an Intake Meeting. You need to submit the following documentsb in order to regsiter your child:
- Proof of Residence (Below is a list of the documents that will be accepted. Please provide two of the following)
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident's name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children's Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident's name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- An original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer's letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Child’s birth certificate or passport
- Child’s immunization records (must be up to date)
- Child’s physical form completed by doctor
- Child's latest report card/transcript
- Child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
**** Students selected for enrollment must provide a report card/transcript in July showing he or she has been promoted to the following grade.